Breakfast is Back!
Some Sundays 9:30-11am (see church calendar for dates)
Breakfast will begin June 6, 9:30-11:00. It will not be served every week until we have enough volunteer servers and cleaners. Contact Tamara if you would like to periodically volunteer: 910-232-4170.
Medicare Seminar with Faith Community Nursing
Sunday, May 23 @ 1:30-3pm
If you are between the ages of 62-65 years of age or just looking to understand Medicare for a loved one, come out and join us on Sunday, May 23 for an afternoon of learning. Jerome Pinkney will lead us through a Medicare 101 seminar and discuss the ins and outs of registration and benefits coverage. Also, our very own Faith Community Nursing ministry will go over a few good tips for self-care. Details: Free-no cost. 1:30-3:00 pm in Lee Hall
Women’s Wednesday Bible Study
Wednesday @ 9:30am
“Fruit of the Spirit” is a 9 week study by Life Guide. If you are a woman and are interested in participating and would like a book, please contact Donna Updegrove. We meet Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 11:00 in the conference room. Thank you.
Fellowship: Sunday 11am @ the pavilion
11 am Sunday School is getting a reboot! ! Directly following the 9:45 am service on Sundays, we will meet outside at the pavilion for some time of fellowship. Please come to church dressed comfortably and plan to spend a little time re-connecting with your church family. We look forward to seeing you!
VBS and K-5 Alive collide! Summer 2021
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS: June 9—July 7, 4 pm to 6:30 pm
Climb aboard our train adventure as we learn how Jesus’ power pulls us through.
For 5 weeks we will explore with Bible lessons, crafts, games, singing, and we will all eat dinner together. We will meet some new friends along the way.
FREE! For KIDZ at WC just finishing: Kindergarten through 5th grade. Space limited per grade; due to covid restrictions priority is given to our members and regular families.
Registration opens May 19, 2021 on The Living Vine.
Contact: Martha Whitesides – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our summer schedule at this link!
- May 16 Fellowship: service project for NourishNC, 4-5:30pm
- May 23 Fellowship: campfire with pizza and s’mores, 6-7:30pm
- If your 6-12th grader is going to camp, let Martha know so she can send them mail while they are there!!
We are excited to share a new resource with you called Amplify Media. Amplify Media is a streaming service that will give you access to small group studies, videos, and resources. It will replace our current streaming service through Right Now Media on April 1st.
Access to these resources is 100% free of charge to all members and constituents. Please do not share the code with others. We hope that this new tool will help you and your families develop deeper discipleship experiences and grow closer to God and with each other.
To start your free account, contact the church office for your code to enter at the Amplify website.
Covid Safety Guidelines
· Entrance will continue to be through the front doors of the Sanctuary only.
· Masks must continue to be worn, covering both nose and mouth for the entire worship service.
· Seating will continue to be socially distanced and passing the peace will continue to be “mostly waving.”
· Exiting the Sanctuary will continue to be through the side doors. Please be reminded to exit as directed by the ushers and to leave the Sanctuary and go outside if you choose to fellowship with others. This is very important as the Sanitizers must get to work immediately to prepare for the next service with limited time between services.
· More volunteers are needed to serve as ushers and sanitizers. We will only be able to maintain three services with enough volunteers for each. Please contact the church office.
· Wearing a mask will continue to be required when you are in any church building with others. If your meeting includes eating, significant social distancing is required.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.